Bring Your Own Device (BYOD)
BYODs at school is a logical fit in a connected society that is both increasingly personalised, but also global. Students are living in a world of personal ICT devices and increasing connectivity. We believe that a college BYOD program best supports and prepares students as life-long learners.
A BYOD program not only develops digital literacies and responsibilities in students, but also literacy, numeracy and collaborative, creativity and inquiry skills. Students come to appreciate ICTs not just as a social or entertainment device, but also a work tool.
In order to create a safe and effective learning environment, Junior School and Senior School students are provided with clear guidelines to enable them to manage their devices as safely and effectively as possible. Throughout the year, training is provided for students and parents, if they wish, to develop the skills necessary to manage their device, software, document storage etc.
The College still continues to provide the appropriate hardware and software throughout the college to support specialist student learning. Students access computer labs when necessary to support the requirements of the Design and Information technologies, multimedia production and scientific inquiry.
Shopping for a BYOD Device
Most major retailers provide a wide range of products that meet Redeemer's BYOD specifications.
Parents are encouraged to shop around for the best deal. as these specials and offers are constantly changing, Redeemer cannot reccomend the 'best deal', product, price and supplier. We do reccomend though that you purchase from a supplier that you can trust.
Many retailers are offering BYOD specials and information portals for parents. Some of the major ones that we are aware of are listed below:
The School Locker - Loganholme
The School Locker is a retailer of school uniforms, technology products, sporting equipment, musical instruments, footwear and stationery.
The School Locker makes BYOD easy with :
- Technology showrooms so you can see the device before purchasing
- Purchase online or in store
- Flexible finance options for parents including: Interest Free Finance, Flexirent, Lay By
To receive your special “student pricing” you will need to create a Student Advantage account. Cards and instructions can be collected either instore or from the Business Office at Redeemer.
For more information, visit: theschoollocker.com.au/schools/redeemer-lutheran-college
- Offering 4% discount on iPad and 7% discount on Mac computers when you mention you are a Redeemer Lutheran College BYOD customer.
- Store details are available at: www.apple.com/au/retail/carindale
- For more information, visit: www.harveynorman.com.au/byod
- Receive your free 'BYOD for Dummies' guide online at: www.harveynorman.com.au/byod-signup
- For more information, visit: www.jbhifi.com.au/computers-tablets