Outdoor Education (3-6)About Junior School Upper Primary Years (3-6) Academic Program (P-6)
Outdoor Education is an integral part of Redeemer’s Personal Development program and provides unique opportunities and experiences for all students from Year 3 through to Year 11. The sequenced program aims to develop in our students:
- self-confidence and self-respect and an appreciation of students’ worth as individuals.
- a faith for daily living that may thereby be helped in achieving their highest potential as children of God.
- responsibility as members of their families and citizens of their communities; recognition of the worth of all people by being sensitive to and respectful of their individual beliefs.
- a belief that health of mind and body, physical fitness and mental well-being are conditions to be achieved and maintained.
- their capacities for leadership within their own groups and in community life.
- An appreciation of the beauty, diversity, and interdependence of all forms of life and all resources which God has provided in their world.
- Our Outdoor Education program links the classroom curriculum to the outdoors, and allows students to learn through practical experience, reflection, and discussion. Students are challenged to engage in environmentally sustainable living practices and to develop key personal and social competencies.
Students engage in challenges and activities of varying complexity that require them to be creative, organised, and resourceful; whilst developing resilience and additional skills required to live harmoniously and sustainably in an ever changing world.
Junior School Outdoor Education
The Junior School programs for Years 3, 4, 5 & 6 are appropriate to each year level and build on the learning that takes place in the classroom. Students develop their skills, knowledge, and experience in terms of relationships, independence, communication and problems solving; whilst experiencing increasing levels of interdependence within their year level cohort.
The following Outdoor Education Experiences are held in the Senior School for students in Years 3-6:
|Year 3||Year 3 Sleep-over: Redeemer Lutheran College (overnight)|
|Year 4||Year 4 Camp: Camp Warrawee, North Pine (1 night)|
|Year 5||Year 5 Camp: Higher Ground, Mary Valley (2 nights)|
|Year 6||Year 7 Canberra Tour (5 nights)|